Pittsburgh, Penn., January 26, 2024 – The Technology Councils of North America (TECNA) is pleased to announce the election of Christina Fox, CEO of TechAlliance of Southwestern Ontario and Kara Lowe, CEO of KC Tech Council to its Board of Directors. These new Board of Directors were ratified in January by the membership at the annual Member Meeting held virtually.
“I am very proud that Kara and Christina have joined our board,” said Michael Schutzler, Chair of TECNA and President and CEO of Washington Technology Industry Association. “Their expertise will help us guide TECNA to better serve our members in the United States and Canada. Our programs help our members serve more than 22,000 technology companies build productive relationships with government, educational institutions, and partners. Together, we address challenges in workforce development, advanced technology applications, and regulations that promote a robust economic future for our society. We have much work to do, and these new board members will help us get that work done.”
The TECNA membership voted unanimously to appoint Fox and Lowe to fill the remainder of the terms of Frannie Matthews, former President and CEO of Colorado Technology Association, who recently retired, and Lisa Cashmore, former VP Founder Services with Communitech.
TECNA serves its members and the technology industry through its strong peer-to-peer network, benchmarking research, sharing of best practices and public policy advocacy.
“Christina and Kara’s perspective and expertise is invaluable in providing direction on how TECNA will best serve the innovation ecosystem in North America,” said Jennifer Young, CEO of TECNA. “They have both been so impactful in the Southwestern Ontario and Kansas City regions, I am excited for TECNA to work with them more closely on how we can be applying some of their best practices on a larger scale.”
New Appointments to 2024-2025 Board of Directors:
- Christina Fox, CEO, TechAlliance of Southwestern Ontario
- Kara Lowe, President & CEO, KC Tech Council
Twelve other executives from Canada and the United States currently serve on the TECNA Board of Directors:
- Michael Schutzler, CEO, Washington Technology Industry Association, Chair
- Yvonne Pilon, President & CEO of WEtech Alliance, Vice-Chair
- Jennifer Taylor, President & CEO of Northern Virginia Technology Council, Vice-Chair
- Dean Miller, President & CEO, Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies, Secretary
- Larry Williams, President & CEO of Technology Association of Georgia, Treasurer
Additionally, TECNA at large Board members are:
- Sara Fraim, CEO, MTLC
- Deon Gordon, President & CEO, Tech Birmingham
- Kathy Henrich, CEO, MKE Tech Hub Coalition
- Brian Kennedy, Senior Vice President, Operations & Government Affairs, Pittsburgh Technology Council
- Brian Waller, President, Technology Association of Iowa
- Ryan Weber, CEO, Mentor Mentee, Chair Emeritus
- Jennifer Young, CEO, TECNA