GOOD17 THEME: CELEBRATING CANADA AT
GOOD17 THEME: CELEBRATING CANADA AT 150
As Canada celebrates its sesquicentennial, open data leaders, enthusiasts, practitioners and advocates from across Ontario will gather in London Ontario to recognize Canadian achievements in open data and discuss the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
WHAT IS GO OPEN DATA?
GO Open Data is a community-driven annual conference by and for the Ontario Open Data community. GO Open Data 2017 (GOOD17 and #GOOD17) is a collaborative effort between IT professionals, bloggers, community and economic developers, city planners, civil servants and more. Now in its fifth year, GOOD17 will be held in London, Ontario, hosted by the City of London and the Public Sector Digest in partnership with TechAlliance, the Government of Ontario, London Public Library, Pathway Communications, Open Knowledge, and UnLondon.
WHO ATTENDS GO OPEN DATA?
Each year, Go Open Data attracts a larger and more diverse crowd. The success of the Go Open Data conferences has been the bridging of diverse sectors and community stakeholders.
Go Open Data attracts participants from the public, private and non-profit sectors, citizens, academia, media, entrepreneurs, developers, municipal leaders and civil servants from a range of industries such as economic development, education, information technology, transportation, housing and more.
WHY ATTEND #GOOD17?
Open data brings together citizens, developers, public and private sector organizations, academics, students, administrators and government leaders from all levels. Our goal is to bring together this diverse audience from across Ontario and engage them in driving open data initiatives, in addition to celebrating open data achievements.
Key benefits of attending #GOOD17:
- Learn about the latest trends and best practices in open data from the experts. Look forward to the following panel sessions:
- “Building the Canada We Envision Using Open Data”
- “Celebrating the Canada We’ve Built: Stories from Niagara and Other Regions”
- Participate in engaging breakout sessions covering open data topics across multiple sectors and perspectives, including:
- Innovation in Open Data Technology
- Driving Community Impact
- Open Data Policy & Implementation
- OPEN – Participants drive the topic
- Get inspired by our keynote speakers to be announced in the coming months!
- Network with open data leaders, talent, entrepreneurs and government representatives working in the open data space
- Participate in the Day 2 Hackathon and engage in finding solutions to community problems using open data
- Experience what the city of London has to offer – one of the first communities in Canada to participate in the open data movement. Participants will be invited to attend an evening social at a downtown London venue following Day 1 conference sessions
- Contribute your ideas and experience in our collaborative effort to advance the open data movement in Ontario
may 5 (Friday) - 6 (Saturday)
London Public Library
251 Dundas St. London, Ontario N6A 6H9